The H.U. Lee Memorial Foundation and ATA Headquarters are excited to announce a brand new partnership with Autism Speaks. Beginning April 2014, you can host a single fundraiser and benefit two great organizations!
ATA licensed locations can raise money through any method they choose, while raising awareness about Autism Speaks, and simultaneously gaining exposure for their school.
For any funds raise and submitted to Autism Speaks, .50 cents on every dollar raised will be matched and donated to the H.U. Lee Foundation. That means 50% of what you raise for Autism Speaks will also be donated to the Foundation.
All of the funds received by the H.U. Lee Foundation will directly contribute to the National Scholarship Fund.
Licensed locations that raise a minimum of $500 for Autism Speaks will be entitled to participate in a local Walk Now for Autism Speaks event. Participation in this event will provide a chance to promote and expand their business, and may offer the following benefits:
– A table in the Resource Fair to promote their programs.
– Exposure to an audience of 1,000 to 25,000 families in the autistic community.
– Martial arts demonstration/performance during the event
– Signage created by Autism Speaks for participating licensees to display in their licensed location.
– Social media posts and media exposure to local and national audiences.
*Any and all funds raised by the licensed locations for Autism Speaks, through whatever means, will be reported to Autism Speaks through the website created for ATA licensed locations.
Funds must be submitted using the address below:
Data Services – ATA Walk – “City” or “General”
1060 State Road / 2nd Floor
Princeton, NJ 08540
*School and region number must be included with donation submission in order to appropriately record and credit the individual school for it’s contribution.
Listed below are some fun and easy ways you can raise money for Autism Speaks. Remember, of the funds submitted .50 cents on every dollar raised will be matched and donated to the H.U. Lee Foundation.
• Special Tournament
• Board Break-A-Thon
• Special Weapons or Elite Camp
• Ask for $1 donation from each student per testing. Encourage participation by pledging to match their donation
• Put out a donation jar in your school with a sign that all the money raised will go the Foundation.
• Host a car wash or bake sale.
• Host a yard sale at your school. Invite parents to bring their unwanted items to sell for the Foundation.
Note: These are all suggestions not limiting you to the events you can host.
ABOUT AUTISM SPEAKS
Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Bob and Suzanne Wright. Since then, Autism Speaks has grown into the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We are proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish and look forward to continued successes in the years ahead. For more information on this foundation go tohttp://www.autismspeaks.org